· 1and half kgs Chicken
· 1 teaspoon Curry
· 1 and half Cup of
· Half teaspoon Garam
· Half teaspooon Cumin
· 1 Cup of Red Onion
· Half Cup
· One tablespoon Ginger
· Two tablespoon Canola
· Three tablespoon
· 1 Mace
· Half tablespoon of
· Six tablespoon cilantro
· One teaspoon salt
· Three Cup of
1. Add lemon juice and half teaspoon salt in a bowl.
Add chicken to the bowl and then coat it in lemon, half teaspoon of curry
powder and 1/4 teaspoon garam masala is sprinkled and then set aside for a while.
2. Onion, garlic, ginger is added in a food
processor and turned on. Also, rice is washed under to soak fresh water.
3. Oil is heated in a pan, chicken season is added
where skin side is down. Sear the chicken on medium-heat for 5 minutes for each
side or until the skin gets crispy.
4. Onion mixture is added, sauté until onions get
soft and start to change colour in the same hot oil pan.
5. Now remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon
curry powder, cumin seeds is added and cooked for 45seconds. Then mace(javitri),
star anise, cayenne, with 1/2 tsp of salt, reserved lemon juice, and grated
tomatoes is added. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and oil gets deposited on
6. Add rice and 3 cups of fresh water with half of
the chopped cilantros(3 tablespoon), and mix it well. Return the chicken on the
top of rice and bring to it boil mode. Cover it with a tight lid and at least cook
for 15 minutes on minimum heat.
7. After 15 minutes, switch-off the heat and leave
the pot covered for 5 minutes. Now, chicken is removed, fold in the remains of
cilantro, return the chicken to the pan and cover to keep warm until ready to