How do you feel when it’s time to eat? Happy, excited or bored? Do you feel sad when you’ve lost your favorite toy? In today’s lesson, we are going to learn about these feeling words and how to use them.
What is a Feeling Word?
– When it’s time to go to a soccer game, I am so eager to play.
– When it’s canceled due to rain, I am so disappointed.- When I’m tired, it helps me to hold a stuffed animal.When we read these sentences, we see the feeling words eager, disappointed and tired. These are all feelings that everyone will experience someday. Feeling words describe the way a person feels at a given point in time. There are many different words with many different meanings to describe emotions, or feelings.
Let’s look at some of them.
Basic Feeling Words!
– Happy refers to being pleased.- Mad means to be upset by something.
– Sad refers to having sorrow or unhappiness.We often use the words happy, mad and sad to describe our feelings. We may be happy when we win an award! We may be mad when it’s time to turn off the television. Or we may be sad when it’s too wet to play outside.
These words are good for describing our feelings, but sometimes we need other words to help express ourselves.
More Feeling Words!
– Afraid refers to the feeling of worry, concern or insecurity.- Angry refers to feeling or showing anger.- Cranky means to being grouchy, cross or complaining.- Disappointed refers to being unhappy because things did not go as you had hoped.
– Excited means being very happy about something good.- Glad means to be happy or pleased about something.- Impatient refers to being restless and not being able to wait very long.- Jealous means being unhappy because someone has something that you want.- Love means to like or enjoy something very much.- Worry refers to thinking about something bad that could happen.
How Do We Use These Words?
Why would someone feel angry? How would we know if someone was angry? People can become angry over several things such as not doing well on a spelling test, losing their favorite jacket, or a friend not playing with them.
Sometimes people get loud when they are angry. Sometimes their faces turn red.Why would someone feel excited? How would we know if someone was excited? Sometimes people can be excited because they are getting a special treat, going to a fun place, or just achieved a goal. We would know they are excited because they would be smiling and maybe jumping up and down.
We can use feeling words to describe all kinds of situations.
How were you feeling when you ate lunch? How did you feel when you saw your favorite friend? How does watching sports make you feel? As you think about your feelings during these circumstances, think about what your body was doing at that time. Were your smiling or frowning? Were you still or moving? Feeling words can help describe all of these emotions.
A feeling word is a word that describes the way we feel about a situation.
There are many different words that can be used to describe emotions, or feelings. Just a few of these include happy, sad, cranky, angry, jealous or excited.